Diabetes Program Coordinator
Cone Health Internal Medicine Center
We know the most tempting moments occur at holiday parties and gatherings, where various dishes - both healthy and unhealthy - are available in abundance.
Here are a few tips to help you stay on track:
- Eat a healthy snack or small meal before you head to your holiday party. This will help you curb your hunger and avoid overindulgence.
- Focus more on socializing, rather than eating or drinking.
- Make deals with yourself, such as being sure to talk to at least five different people before making yourself a plate, or set a time limit on how long you will stay.
Temptations aren't just at holiday socials. You can run into temptations at home and work throughout the holiday season. Just keep these things in mind:
- Limit the amount of sweets you keep at home.
- Eat healthy, scheduled meals.
- Get enough rest and exercise.
- Avoid lounge or break rooms at work where holiday treats are generally kept.
- Pack a healthy lunch and snacks each day to keep cravings at bay.
By following these tips, you can still enjoy the holiday season without experiencing the weight gain and regret afterward.
How do you keep from derailing your healthy eating journey? Share it with us below.